Skip to content
- Boil a small fresh salmon in salted and acidulated water to cover, drain, and skin.
- Arrange on a serving-dish and keep warm.
- Chop fine a small slice of ham, a slice of carrot, a small stalk of celery, an onion, a parsley root, and three or four shallots.
- Add a sprig of thyme, a bay-leaf, a blade of mace, and two cloves.
- Fry in butter, add two tablespoonfuls of flour and cook until brown.
- Add two cupfuls of Claret and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add half a cupful of beef stock, bring to the boil, and strain through a sieve.
- Reheat, add a tablespoonful of butter, and minced parsley, lemon-juice, grated nutmeg, and anchovy essence to season.
- Pour around the fish and serve.