Skip to content
- Put a large cut of salmon into a buttered saucepan with salt, pepper, a bunch of parsley, a chopped onion, and sweet herbs.
- Add half a cupful of white wine and enough stock to cover.
- Simmer until the fish is done and drain carefully.
- Strain the liquid and thicken with flour cooked in butter.
- Peel and slice three small cucumbers, parboil in salted water, drain, and fry in butter with a little sugar.
- Add to the sauce with a tablespoonful of butter and the juice of a lemon.
- Pour over the fish and serve.